On Tuesday, 7th January 2023, St Mary’s Church marked the beginning of their 200th Anniversary Celebrations with an Opening Service at which the Bishop of Cork, Cloyne and Ross preached. St Mary’s has curated a Programme of Events for the coming year as part of these celebrations.
The Rev. Canon Elaine Murray, Rector of Carrigaline Union, said:
On behalf of Carrigaline Union, I am delighted to launch the celebrations for the Bicentennial year of St Mary’s Church. We decided to spread out the celebrations across a 12 moths for two reasons; firstly while the stone above the entrance door of St Mary’s Church is inscribed 1823, the building was not actually consecrated until 7th February 1824, and secondly, we felt there was so much to be grateful for, coming out of our recent socially distanced Covid years, that no single event would suffice. We would be truly delighted to welcome you to any of our events and to our parish community.
- Saturday 18th: Parish Auction in Canon McCrea Hall, St Mary’s School, Waterpark
- Friday 24th to Sunday 26th: Parish Retreat to Mount St Anne’s, Laois
- Friday 10th to Sunday 12th: Photo Exhibition/Competition of 200 photos of St Mary’s Church in Parish Hall
- Friday 14th to Sunday 16th: Dorothee Roberts Exhibition of Paintings with wine&cheese in St Mary’s Parish Hall
- Saturday 27th: Parish Fête in St Mary’s School, Waterpark
- Saturday 24th: Mid-Summer Garden Part with St Nicholas Band at St Mary’s Church, Carrigaline
- Friday 14th to Sunday 16th: Flower Festival in St Mary’s Church
- Sunday 27th: Family BBQ after the Service in St Mary’s Church grounds
- Saturday 23rd: Musical Evening in St Mary’s Church, Refreshments in Parish Hall
- Sunday 24th: 11am Animal Blessing Service in St Mary’s Church, with outdoor pen for farm animals
- Saturday 7th: Harvest Supper and Ceilidh in Canon McCrea Hall, St Mary’s School, Waterpark
- Friday 24th to Saturday 25th: Play/Pageant in Canon McCrea Hall, St Mary’s School, Waterpark
- Friday 15th: Community Carol Service at St Mary’s Church, with mulled wine and mince pies afterwards
- Friday 15th to Sunday 17th: Crib Festival in Parish Hall
- Friday 19th: Launch of History Booklet, Talk, and Raffle in St Mary’s Church Parish Hall
- Wednesday 7th: Closing Service. Preacher: Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland, the Most Rev. John McDowell. Dedication of the Reredos and the Bicentenary Patchwork Quilt, Refreshments in the Parish Hall.